- View all products (0)
- Your cart is currently empty.
Trained in both women-and menswear, Charlotte Kroon founded her brand in 2017 whilst pursuing her MA in Fashion Collection and Marketing at Istituto Marangoni Florence. Charlotte is born and raised in Luxembourg, has Dutch roots ( thus the name) and has lived in London, Florence, Paris and Stockholm where she worked at Botter and Acne Studio.
KROON refers to childhood, especially to its key characteristics which make childhood so enviable for a lot of adults, such as:
- the ability of expressing one’s inner nature regardless of outer codes- untamed and pure creativity
- a playful view on life which goes hand in hand with a certain form of unstoppable optimism
- a strong confidence in what one does / wears / says, partly due to the lack of knowledge concerning socially established dos and don’ts
Now, I think it is important to underline here that I do not see this form of childness with as something cute, adorable or something that is not to be taken seriously. Not taking things too seriously isn’t a reason not be taken seriously, on the contrary, it is one of the key aspects of subversive and transcendant creativity.
So, that is how I see KROON, as childhood taken seriously throughout adulthood. It is about embracing your true inner, creative self instead of walking in line.
Kroon intends to make dreams break through into reality instead of sedating people with a rigide reality.
The brand's identity is based on the unconventional use of textile, the element the designer has the most fun with. The Kroon signature textile used is hessian, which is a highly eco-friendly and rarely used fabric in luxury fashion. The designer likes to play with all kind of fabric by manipulating them with hand painting, embroidery, and patchwork. For the SS18 Collection the childish aesthetic is used in figurative shapes as well as rough ’over the border ‘ painted stripes.
Where to buy
- Kroon Online Shop (right here)
- Pop up at Annex Rinascente Milano 6th-19th March 2018
- LeBoard New York